Sunday, September 29, 2013

Baby, You’re My Wisconsin

1.
Your kisses, like the waves at Little Sister Bay
Your bosom, like Devils Lake, is where I lay
Your embrace: a squeeze tween Mendota & Monona
Who can even compare? Theyre full of Cudahy bologna

Chorus:
Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Spring
Come around and begin again
Baby, youre my Wisconsin!
Baby, youre my Wisconsin!

2.
I dont mind it when you say, You betcha
Wanna wear just green & gold? Baby, Ill let ya
Your perfume of Leinies, and cheese, and rivers,
Fish frys, and pines, Darling, gives me the shivers

Chorus

3.
Youre where Illinoisans can only visit and cry
Baby, youre where Canadians go when they die
Minnesota & Michigan: your ugly sisters
If Illinois departed, Sugar, I wouldnt miss her (But...)

Chorus

Bridge:
Baby, this aint no metaphor
(Darling, thats what poems are for):
Wisconsin, youre my Wisconsin

4.
Your kisses, like the waves at Little Sister Bay
Your bosom, like Devils Lake, is where I lay
Your embrace: a squeeze tween Mendota & Monona
Who can even compare? Theyre full of Cudahy bologna

No comments:

Followers